Free Media Management Tool for AVID Systems
MDV is a tiny app. It allows you to dig in and access all those hidden MXF/OMF file attributes AVID has implemented in its internal database management system. Once you have identified the projects and files associated with them - then you can move them into a folder for archival purposes.
You can deal not only with files/names , but with Bins! Put some media into your bin and feed it to MDVx - and you'll get the complete file list with the referenced files. MXF and OMF media works out of the box. Currently developing AMA support...
- a kind of media tool (or media manager) for AVID software.
- shows project sizes
- allows you to easily copy your media files
- works with any AVID system
- supports UNITY/LANSHARE/ISIS, any network drives
- no need to install on target system - just run the file.
- (MAC only)supports integration with third party apps like VLC and Mediainfo
- (MAC only)supports advanced scripting with applescript
Thanks to Kevin P. McAuliffe for new video tutorial on macOS MDVx version at
New version - for MAC OS X
Old versions - for Windows.
mdv_screen.gif - screenshot
MDV_AVID_20jul08.zip - v0.4 build 20 jul 2008 UNICODE without preview,store and bin scanner
MDV_AVID_23jun07.zip - v0.3 build 23 jun 2007 UNICODE without preview
Your donations matter, whatever the amount. Donations primarily support my activities to work on my MDVx project.